Here's where the fun really begins! Part of what makes Nintai Studios Inc. so much better is that we work hard to bring out the various facets of your personality. Make sure to bring your favorite hat, musical instruments, pre-approved pet, sunglasses, hobby, letter jacket, wheels, uniform, sports equipment, class ring, or anything else you feel would show off the real you. Don't forget seasonal activities too: swimsuit, fishing or skiing gear. No idea is too crazy, and since we will only try a few poses with it you have nothing to loose - so go for it!
When choosing your outfits, the most important thing is that you like them. You'll want as much variety as possible. Most seniors choose some casual and some dressy outfits. Avoid sleeveless and very short sleeves, because upper arms can be very distracting - especially women's.
* Guys - For more traditional portraits, a suite or sport coat with a tie is good. Medium to dark sweaters photograph well. For casual and outdoor photos, comfort is the rule - jeans, shirts, sweaters, shorts, and sweatshirts.
* Ladies - Bring the colors and outfits you feel best in - dresses (even formals), sweaters and lace for the more traditional look, bright colors, skirts, jeans, and shorts for a more casual look. If you like an outfit, its probably because you look good in it, so make sure you bring it! All white is great for a special high key effect. White is a strong color a is great when used properly with a light background. Blonde or light hair also looks great with white clothing.
* Shoes - Often shoes will show, so they should complement your clothing; changes may be necessary with different clothing styles.
Too much sun darkens your skin unnaturally, dries out your hair, makes skin appear shiny and greasy, and it shows bags under your eyes. Strap marks will show as white marks on draped poses or bare shoulder poses. These cost money to retouch. Keep your tan even. Don't overdo the sun for a portrait - it looks great, but only in moderation. Sunburn is a real problem. Reschedule your appointment if burned.
* Hair - Try to have your hair cut and/or permed at least one week before your session, to give it a chance to "fill in" a little. Don't try a radically different haircut or style - chances are you won't feel it expresses the "real you."
* Makeup (guys too) - Here's a quick hint that will greatly enhance your portraits: just before your session stand two feet in front of a mirror. Dab a small amount of cover-up makeup on any noticeable blemishes. That's it - if they're gone in the mirror, they'll be gone in the photographs. Don't go crazy over blemishes and zits. We will take them out with our computer program!
* Glasses - If you wear glasses most of the time, you'll want to wear them in your portrait. To eleminate glare and reflections, call your optician and arrange to borrow a pair of empty frames like yours, or have the lenses removed from your own glasses. Most optitians will gladly do this for free (make sure you give them plenty of notice). This totally eliminates glare and distortion and is the most important way to improve your portraits if you wear glasses. It doesn't take much effort, and it sure makes your pictures look better!
If the weather seems to pose a problem, we'll call you. If you don't hear from us just before your session, assume that your appointment is still on! It's easier for us to reschedule the location shoot portion of your session instead of the entire session.
Please bring your Session Fee (minus the $ 50 deposit you paid to reserve the date).
The Session Fee:
covers the cost of the photographer, plus the expenses for your portrait session. It does not include any photographs, but it does include the best photography you can get anywhere! (Remember to tell us of any applicable coupons when booking your shoot, and then bring them to your shoot).
We are proud to offer dramatic black and white portraits for added variety. Please bring any special outfit that you would like to be photographed in. We suggest any dark outfit with patterns or designs. Avoid all white. Jean jackets make an excellent choice for an excellent choice for clothing. We also offer Sepia Prints and Color Splash Prints. The examples are below.
First, expect to have a great time, because you will! It's okay to be a little nervous at first, but you'll soon relax with our easy going manner and super creative photography!
Plan on arriving fifteen minutes before your scheduled time, dressed in one of your outfits. This will also allow you time to freshen up. We will spend a few minutes with you going over your clothing choices. Remember, we want you to have fun - and being late will only result in you feeling rushed and having less time spent on your photography.
Be sure to wear one of your outfits to the session to save time. Pick one that you consider most traditional. It's okay to bring more than the recommended number of outfits if you're not sure what would look best - we will help you pick the most photogenic ones.
* Pet (if authorized)
* Stuffed Animal
* "Me" Stuff
* Sun Outfit
* Dress Glasses
* Empty Frames
* Styling Products
* Any Applicable Coupons